Scroll down for English version
我的italki 之旅: 学生- 社区辅导- 专业老师
如果你要寻找一个中文老师，我现在也在等待新的学生！[translated from above]
I actually started off on italki as a student who wanted to improve my English. When I first joined, I found that it was a great place to find online language exchange partners who were interested in learning Chinese and could also help teach me English. I would communicate with language exchange friends over SKYPE and would frequently participate on the italki Discussion and Answers forums. I would often meet a lot of beginning students who wanted to learn a new language and felt that I had the ability and desire to help these beginning students. Doing language exchange on italki was great, but I found that it only worked well if both sides were very motivated and had a lot of free time to learn a language. So I realized a bit of structured and prepared tutoring would be more helpful to beginning learners. I actually had previous experience teaching teenage students English before, so I have a good understanding of the difficulty that English speakers would have in Chinese. It was at this time that I decided to take the next step and apply to become a Community Tutor.
As a Community Tutor, most of my students came from the U.S. ( I think it was because the time difference actually fit our schedules). One of my students kept on saying that I should become a Professional Teacher because he really enjoyed my teaching style and felt that I had the talent and potential to really be a great online teacher. It was because of his encouragement that I decided to pursue Teaching Chinese as a Second Language studies. After obtaining my TCSL certification, I applied to become a Professional Teacher and currently offer professional coursework in which I teach using both formal textbooks and self-created teaching materials. I especially enjoy making my own materials that are suitable to every learner’s need and interest, using textbooks as a reference of grammar syllabus.
There are so many reasons why I like teaching (and learning) on italki. These include:
– (as a teacher) Having a flexible teaching schedule as an online teacher. It’s great that I can teach as much or as little as I want.
– (as a teacher) Having the freedom to teach in your own way
– (as a teacher) The student feedback oriented evaluation system (rather than a test-oriented evaluation system)
– (as a teacher) The ability to focus and tailor your teaching methodology to individual students
– (for students) The ability to pick and choose your teacher
– (for all) the helpful and free Notebooks, Answers and Discussions forums where students and teachers from all over the world can share ideas.
I also enjoy meeting new students from all over the world and I